Catering at BBG Academy
Our catering services are provided by Catering Academy. They are specialist education caterers, dedicated to redefining standards in our markets. Their team delivers excellence through innovation, whether that’s the freshest food, the latest tech or the very best service. They listen, they learn, they work with us as an academy and they pride themselves in positioning forward-thinking solutions that aim to meet our needs.
The academy actively supports healthy eating and drinking throughout the school day, and ensures that all aspects of food and nutrition in the academy promote the health and well-being of pupils, staff and visitors.
The principal objective of the catering service at BBG Academy is to provide a first class and efficient service, which is healthy and meets the needs of all students and colleagues.
The service is available for:
- Pre-school breakfast: 7.45am – 8.15am for students and staff
- Morning break: staggered breaks between 10.25am – 11.35am for all students and staff
- Lunch time: staggered lunch breaks between 12.25pm – 13.40pm for all students, staff and visitors
- Ensuring a school lunch service that meets or exceeds current Government School Food Standards
- Ensuring a welcoming eating environment that encourages the positive social interaction of students. This includes the display and labelling of food, promoting healthy eating, and making adequate time available for students to purchase and eat their food.
- Improving the food preparation facilities
- Ensuring there is easy access to free, clean and palatable drinking water in school
- Providing opportunities to enable students to learn about how to grow fresh fruit and vegetables
- Providing parents with information about healthy eating
- Encouraging all students to eat a healthy balanced diet and to understand the importance of diet to health, academic performance and well being
- Encouraging all students to minimise the amount of food wasted
How Do I Pay?
BBG Academy operates a cashless system where students accounts can be credited safely and securely online through ParentPay:
Link to – ParentPay
Student dinner accounts can also be credited by cash using the Re-Val machine located in the main entrance. Students are issued with an ID which allows them to use the machine to credit cash to their account. Students also use this card to access external doors, photocopiers and the library system so they must keep their card safe as a replacement card costs £5.00. Lost cards should be reported to reception. For replacement cards, please contact reception.